Applying for a grant through Brant United Way is an open process, meaning that any local charity can apply assuming they meet the following eligibility requirements:
- The organization is a registered charity in good standing with the CRA,
- The organization has strong governance practices with the membership of the Board of Directors being arm's length from each other and/or the operations,
- The organization's finances are audited by a third party, with financial statements being publicly available
- The applicant's operations are in compliance with key employment legislations (ESA, OHSA, OHRC),
- Funding received from Brant United Way must be used to provide service within the City of Brantford, Brant County and/or Six Nations of the Grand River
- Funding received from Brant United Way must not be used for capital purchases and leasehold improvements.