We are not currently accepting Grant Applications
Grant Applications for the 2023/2024 Funding Year will be available in the fall of 2022.
We know just how important it is to have people around us… to help during the rough times, and who we can celebrate with during the good ones.
Brant United Way works to help people who may feel isolated or alone, find connections to the people and community around them.
Grants are available to help fund local services that help people build connections to the people and community around them, provide people with opportunities to thrive, and that are there to help when help is needed most.
About Brant United Way Grants
Applying for a grant through Brant United Way is an open process, meaning that any local charity can apply assuming they meet the following eligibility requirements:
- The organization is a registered charity in good standing with the CRA,
- The organization has strong governance practices with the membership of the Board of Directors being arm's length from each other and/or the operations,
- The organization's finances are audited by a third party, with financial statements being publicly available,
- The applicant's operations are in compliance with key employment legislations (ESA, OHSA, OHRC),
- Funding received from Brant United Way must be used to provide service within the City of Brantford, Brant County and/or Six Nations of the Grand River,
- Funding received from Brant United Way must not be used for capital purchases and leasehold improvements.
Brant United Way funding grants are generally available for one (1) year with the funding year running from April 1st until March 31st.
There may be some instances where funding agreements may be in place for more than one (1) year based on the nature of the service, amount of funding available, and most significantly the identified need in our community.
Payment of Brant United Way grants will be processed over the course of the funding year through 12 equal monthly payments. Additionally, ten percent (10%) of the total grant will be held back until the service provider has submitted a satisfactory final report at the end of the funding year.
2023 Funding Application - Coming Soon
Charities planning to apply can reach out for assistance in 2 ways.
1. Group Zoom sessions will provide a general overview.
2. Individual one-on-one calls will answer specific answers.
You can sign up for either below:
Frequently Asked Questions
As we recieve questions about the funding application and/or process, we will post the questions and our responses here.
This will ensure that all applicants have access to the same information.
If you have a question or would like clarification, please email email@example.com.